Love & Comfort Are in the Air
Love & Comfort Are in the Air
February 14, 2018
Show Your Home Some Love
Sure, it’s cool and not quite spring yet. But, don’t suffer from the winter blahs! February is the month of love. It’s a time to focus on the people (and things) that mean the most to you. And while we’re sure that you have special plans with that special someone, we want to celebrate Valentine’s Day with you, too.
More specifically, as your not-so-secret admirer, our American Air & Heat team wants to have a heart-to-heart about comfort. We think February is the perfect time to show your home and its heart—the HVAC system— some love and appreciation. This way, you can avoid a heartbreaking heating repair or the need to say, “Be mine,” to an AC replacement in Orlando, FL and the surrounding communities.
Compete with Cupid
It keeps you comfy and cozy on winter’s chilly nights. It keeps you cool and calm on summer’s sweltering days. It keeps your air fresh and clean all year long. Your HVAC unit is loyal and reliable—and Valentine’s Day is an opportunity to show it some well-deserved love.
Here are some sweet tips and suggestions:
- Spoil your system with a new filter. Give your unit the gift that it needs (and deserves): a new filter! This simple step should be done every 30 days, as it helps to keep your system running efficiently and helps lower energy consumption. Plus, it helps to keep love—and only love— in the air, rather than dust, pollen and other toxins. Since there are several types of filters, refer to your manufacturer’s manual to see what kind your unit has and where it is located.
- Snuggle up to air sealing. Your unit could be working tirelessly to heat and cool your home. But if there are drafts around your windows or doors, it’s simply not going to do its job as best it can. So, examine your windows and doors and then look for any cracks or openings in the walls. Caulking and weather-stripping are two easy yet effective ways to seal your home and keep your hot or cool air right where you want it—in your living space.
- Give your thermostat some TLC. The kids are always lowering the heat, saying it’s too hot. You’re constantly sneaking over to the thermostat, turning it back up because you’re chilly. These thermostat battles are not only frustrating, but they’re also making your unit work in overdrive. To avoid a sudden breakdown as a result, consider the benefits of a smart thermostat, like the iComfort® S30 Thermostat. From features that detect whether you’re at home or away (and adjust the temperature accordingly) to the thermostat’s ability to monitor the indoor air quality, the iComfort S30 Thermostat adapts to your lifestyle and your home’s needs, perfectly.
- Make a date with maintenance. You’ve heard the saying: “We should celebrate love every day, not just on Valentine’s Day.” And the American Air & Heat team couldn’t agree more. So, consider joining our Home Comfort Club, which allows you to enjoy priority service, improved comfort, fewer emergency calls, better cost control and much more all year long. By becoming a member, you can show your unit some love 24/7/365.
Here for Any Heartache or Headache
Does your unit need more than a little TLC this time of year? Now is also the perfect opportunity to address any small issues before they turn into larger catastrophes.
Here are a few things to keep an eye out for:
- Unit is more than 15 years old
- Higher energy bills
- Unusual noises
- More frequent repairs
At American Air & Heat, our NATE-certified service technicians are available around the clock to provide swift repairs. Our comprehensive services are designed to quickly and efficiently get HVAC units up and running—and to help ensure that your system doesn’t skip a beat again.
Contact American Air & Heat for AC Services in Seminole County, FL
The American Air & Heat team is here to show your HVAC unit some love, season after season. Whether you’re in need of AC maintenance or AC replacement in Seminole County, FL and or the surrounding communities, our experts are ready and willing to help.
To learn more, contact American Heat & Air at 800-421-2665 or visit our website.