Summer is Coming
Summer is Coming
January 9, 2018
Plan Ahead for Florida’s Hottest Months
Happily embracing Central Florida’s cooler weather? You bet. Spending time with the snowbirds? Sure. Too soon to begin preparing for summer? No way! While it’s still several months away, our hottest season will be here before we know it.
Let’s face it: Summertime in Central Florida can be both enjoyable and challenging. But, Floridians know how to savor the special moments and roll with the punches when luck isn’t on our side. When the sun is shining, we swim, sunbathe and soak it all in. When hurricanes strike, we stock up at the store and weather the storm. When the roads flood, we whip out the kayaks. And when temperatures skyrocket in the middle of August, we retreat to the comfort of our cool homes. But, there is one thing that terrifies even the calmest of homeowners in the Orlando area: the thought of our AC unit suddenly conking out.
Counting Down to the Sunny Season
We may be cool and content for now, but imagine turning your AC unit on during summer’s first hot day, only to find that it doesn’t work. To avoid the sudden need for a costly system repair or AC replacement in Winter Park, FL or the surrounding areas on the hottest days of the year, now is the time to prepare your comfort system for what lies ahead. To get started, there are several preventive measures that you can take on your end.
- Clean or replace the filters regularly. This easy-to-do step should always be a top priority and one that’s done every 30 days during the season of use. Since there are several types of filters, refer to your manufacturer’s manual to see what kind your unit has, as well as where it is located. If you have trouble tracking down this information, the American Air & Heat team is happy to help.
- Perform a visual inspection. Carefully check your system for any tell-tale signs that something is wrong. These include dirty or frozen coils and water leaks around your unit.
- Clean and clear debris. Leaves, dirt, grass clippings, plants and more can build up on the outside of your AC unit, ultimately hindering its performance and reducing air flow. So, be sure to remove any debris around your unit.
Of course, before you get started on any of these tasks, be sure to completely turn off power to the unit.
Leave the Rest to the Pros
Once you’ve completed these steps, it’s important to have an expert inspect your system. At American Air & Heat, our team can give your AC the TLC that it needs to ensure you’re getting what you want (and deserve) out of it, season after season.
Our maintenance services include:
- Full system cleaning
- Inspect for proper refrigerant levels and adjust as needed
- Inspect coils, fan blades, motor and more
- Check for leaks
- Clean or replace air filters
- Inspect air flow
- …And more!
Even more, as a member of our Home Comfort Club, you can avoid stress altogether and leave routine maintenance to our team. We’ll regularly maintain your unit, maximizing your comfort and minimizing your headaches. Plus, you can enjoy priority service, improved comfort, documented reports of each visit, fewer emergency calls, better cost control, and much more.
Get Summer Ready with American Air & Heat
The American Air & Heat team wants to help keep your home comfortable all summer long. By tending to your AC unit now, you can rest assured that you’ll have the coolest summer… literally. Whether you’re in need of AC maintenance or AC installation in Orlando, FL and or the surrounding communities, our experts are here to answer the call.
To learn more, contact American Heat & Air at 800-421-2665 or visit our website.