A message about COVID-19. We're here to help. Read More
At American Air & Heat, your family’s health is, and will always be our top priority. We are taking steps to keep our team healthy and your family safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are doing all we can to keep our clients and team healthy by Reducing touch points and time in your home. Also all Technicians will be Wearing Floor Savers/Shoe Covers, Rubber Gloves, Masks at your request.
Rest assured, after each call we are disposing of those items in a sanitary fashion. We are continuously assessing the situation and working to make thoughtful decisions. We’ll move quickly to adapt appropriately as new information becomes available.
Smart Thermostats: Improving Comfort and Conserving Energy in Your Florida Home
You don’t have to stress over finding the perfect room temperature or remember to crank your thermostat back up to save some money before you head out the door anymore. Let your thermostat do the work for you. At American Air and heat, we always recommend that our customers consider upgrading to a smart thermostat. Designed with customization in mind, smart thermostats can detect when you are at home or away, memorize your schedule, and even perfect the levels of moisture necessary in your air to alleviate symptoms of allergies.
One of the biggest advantages to smart thermostats is their ability to help you save money. The majority of energy consumed in every household comes from heating and cooling, but there is no need to run your HVAC unit when no one is home to enjoy it. Allowing a smart thermostat to automatically adjust the temperature while you are out of the house or configure the optimal temperature for both comfort and energy conservation while you are at home will cut back costs on your monthly utility bills. When you consider investing in a smart thermostat, don’t forget to consider the money you can save on a monthly basis because of their many helpful features.
Key Features of Smart Thermostats:
- Full color touchscreens.
- Versatile programming for comfort customization and energy conservation.
- Scheduling features that memorize your daily activity.
- Allergy relief using home zip code to detect local pollen levels.
- Humidity detection factored in when calculating the ideal temp for home comfort.
- Customizable reminders for air filters and other settings.
- Alternate temperature control between gas and electric operation to maximize energy efficiency through dual-fuel capacity.
- Email alerts with service reminders and detailed diagnostics.
- Ability to monitor and troubleshoot remotely.
- 5-year limited warranty.